MT Højgaard Danmark is one of the Nordic region’s leading construction and civil engineering companies with customers in Denmark. We are currently working on several high profiled projects around Denmark. We are therefore seeking a skilled Contracts Manager, who wants to be a part of building technologically advanced and energy efficient buildings. This career opportunity is ideal for engineering professionals, who not only understand the complexities of large scaled projects, but also thrive with an exciting workday.
Areas of responsibility
As a Contracts Manager you will be responsible for preparing contract work programmes ensuring that all materials are available at the correct stage. You will manage the entire lifecycle of all project from design, procurement, construction, completion, commissioning, to handover and evaluation. You will be maintaining records, preparing written reports, dealing with correspondence, updating work programmes as required. Therefore, you must have excellent project management and organisational skills.
Your primary tasks will be
- Clarifying the specific requirements with sub-contractors
- Supporting the Senior Project Director with contractual constraints, approved specification and with a good level of cost control ensure we meet customer expectations
- Ensuring good working relationship with subcontractors, suppliers and team members
- Managing and coordinating direct resource, sub-contractors and designers
- Ensuring that the site teams are fully aware of the scope of works, programme of works and budget.
- Attending client meetings
To be successful in this role
You will ideally have experience with large-scale construction projects combined with minimum 10 years of Contracts Manager experience. We expect you to have excellent verbal and written communication skills and a good understanding of buildability, design, planning, commercial management and strong negotiation skills.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently
- You have a positive mind-set and the ability to motivate your co-workers
- You excel in both oral and written english
- You have excellent Project Manager skills
- You show a systematic and rational approach to problem solving
Working at MT Højgaard
MT Højgaard is an ambitious company and workplace. We place high demands on our employees, but we also offer great opportunities for personal development, and we create the framework to help you make your mark on both the company and the projects we create together. Our employees are given plenty of responsibility in an international environment.
If you would like further information about the position, please feel free to call Senior Project Director Peter Kjeldahl-Braad at +45 2270 9135.
We will assess the applications as we receive them and will start the interviewing process accordantly.
MT Højgaard Danmark is a leading construction and civil engineering company in Scandinavia. We create the space in which we live, work and move, and we have done so for 100 years. We insist on collaboration based on dialogue, curiosity, courage and enthusiasm. Meet us at mth.com.