Package Manager, Electrical
MT Højgaard Danmark is one of the Nordic region’s leading construction and civil engineering companies with customers in Denmark. We are currently working on several high profiled projects around Denmark. We are therefore seeking a skilled Package Manager, Electrical, who wants to be a part of building technologically advanced and energy efficient buildings. This career opportunity is ideal for engineering professionals, who not only understand the complexities of large scaled projects, but also thrive with an exciting workday.
Areas of responsibility
The Package Manager, Electrical, will provide technical electrical support throughout the entire construction project. Therefore, you must have excellent project management and organisational skills with proven experience of ensuring a project is completed on time and within budget. You will provide technical electrical support for our crew and subcontractors. You also have an ability to interact with a variety of staff at all levels in an ever-changing environment, while remaining flexible, resourceful, proactive and efficient with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. It is a requirement that you naturally take ownership of problems from identification through to resolve. Financial knowledge would also be valuable. The ability to communicate confidently is essential.
Your primary tasks will be to
- Support construction administration services such as the review of RFIs and submittals
- Perform field inspections to verify compliance with plans, specifications and codes for electrical work
- Review electrical drawings, details and specifications as part of a large multi-discipline construction document package
- Provide input on cost estimates for assigned projects
- Edit electrical specifications
- Review design documents to ensure conformance with contract expectations, noting and resolving issues or conflicts that could impact installation or other trades involved with the project
- Conduct effective pre-construction planning sessions and project site meetings
To be successful in this role
You must have a profound understanding of the requirements for a Data Centre’s mechanical and electrical systems combined with the ability to coordinate efficiently with architects, mechanical engineers and structural engineers on large multi-discipline projects. We expect that you can manage costs and budgets on live construction projects and possess the ability to prioritise work and deliver on tight deadlines.
We expect you to have a mechanical, electrical or technological background that enables you to undertake the challenges of sophisticated control platforms and a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically in aligning building controls and automation. You must have experience within common building engineering codes.
You have the ability to communicate technical material to a non-technical customer and demonstrate experience in the areas of programming, design development, scheduling, construction management, and project financial controls.
- A demonstrated ability to work independently
- You have a positive mind-set and the ability to motivate your co-workers
- You excel in both oral and written english
- You have excellent Project Manager skills
- You show a systematic and rational approach to problem solving
Working at MT Højgaard
MT Højgaard is an ambitious company and workplace. We place high demands on our employees, but we also offer great opportunities for personal development, and we create the framework to help you make your mark on both the company and the projects we create together. Our employees are given plenty of responsibility in an international environment.
If you would like further information about the position, feel free to call Senior Project Director Claus Callesen +45 2270 5067.
We will assess the applications as we receive them and will start the interviewing process accordantly.
MT Højgaard Danmark is a leading construction and civil engineering company in Scandinavia. We create the space in which we live, work and move, and we have done so for 100 years. We insist on collaboration based on dialogue, curiosity, courage and enthusiasm. Meet us at mth.com.